Thursday, August 6, 2015

Meet Mrs. Bright - Welcome to Room 200!

It is almost time!!!!

The summer just flew by and now it is time to get back into the school mode. I am really looking forward to starting my journey at Blackberry Creek Elementary School. 

Right now, Room 200 is very lonely and empty. I am excited for 26 students to fill it with love, laughter and learning. 



I can't wait to meet all of you in just a few short days. Until then, let me tell you a bit about myself:

(Pictured above: Bruce, Ron, Laura, Dolly and Cooper)
My name is Laura Bright and I live in Sycamore, Illinois. We have a big old house that we have been fixing up and loving for the last 4 years. I live there with my husband Ron, my 3 dogs and 2 cats. Sometimes our house feels like a zoo!

I really enjoy school and it is my passion but I have some other fun interests as well. I am a fitness nut! I love running, biking, hiking and weight training. It is a fun way to meet new people and try new things. In fact, I will be competing in the Aurora Duathlon just after school starts! I am very excited to try a new type of event!




This will be my 12th year as a teacher in the Kaneland School District. I have spent the last 10 years at McDole with most of them being in 1st grade. I really enjoy teaching the primary grades and I believe it is absolutely my calling. 

You will soon find that I am very passionate about my job. I jump out of bed each school day, excited to join my class in another day of learning. I am most passionate about creativity, wonder and tech infusion to help enhance our learning day. With this passion, I also like to spread the word to other teachers by presenting at many conferences and leading full day workshops. I hope to inspire not only my amazing students but other teachers as well. 

Goals for the Year:
This year, our class will focus our successful year around the 4C's. 
We will become collaborative learners, critical thinkers, excellent communicators and creative explorers. 
With these skills mastered, there is no limit to what we will be able to achieve. 

In addition, as for my personal goals for the year, I want my students to feel loved and trusted. I want them to know that I think about them and do everything I can to personalize their education. I want them to feel that they have ownership in our classroom and are comfortable sharing their learning with us. 


Homework:
Parents, Please take a few minutes to fill out the attached survey so that I can get to know and understand your child.  

Click here for Parent Survey

Also, feel free to send in a framed photograph of your family or other photograph with special meaning to your child on the 1st day. We will display these photos in our room to help create a warm and comfortable atmosphere. 

Can't wait to see you all on Monday, August 17th!



No comments:

Post a Comment