Please enjoy our Top 10 List as decided by the students in Room 222.
10. Read Aloud - Lulu and the Brontosaurus, My Father's Dragon, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Our read alouds took a new turn this year by connecting us with classrooms across the country via Kid Blog and Twitter. We also shared my favorite... Edward.
9. Insects - Sampson (the dead and then alive cicada), Butterflies, Insect Jobs - So many bugs, so little time.
Here are the answers to our insect jobs challenge:
8. iPad - KidBlog, ScreenChomp, Drawing Pad - Our favorite Apps.
7. Field Day - Beautiful day in the sun with our buddies.
6. Mo Willems - Elephant and Piggie books - We read them EVERYDAY. We read them to ourselves. We read them with buddies. We read them to the class. We even read them as a reader's theater. We are an Elephant and Piggie classroom.
5. Fairy Tale Plays
Click here to see our videos. Don't forget our password.
4. Inquiry Groups - *Teacher Favorite - The amount of knowledge gathering and smart conversations was impressive and amazing. During each inquiry session, I was blown away by the maturity, collaboration and chatter within the groups. I can't wait to try this again next year.
3. Field Trip to the Shedd Aquarium - Best trip yet!
2. Skyping with Dr. Burkholder - First for us and love the interaction with a famous shark expert.
1. Genius Hour - A first for me, the kids and McDole! I love that our class was able to become leaders in a new wave of education. This was my favorite part of the year too.