Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Beginning... Genius Hour

Genius Hour!



I couldn't wait to start but I wasn't quite sure how to get our Genius Hour up and rolling.
Well, thanks to the help of my new found friends from the Downer's Grove School District and their Saturday Playdate , I discovered the route that Room 222 would take through the process.

Here is a glimpse at Hour One:
Get an idea :

We started out with a blank wall of wonders.


Then, we spent time brainstorming all of the topics we were wondering about.


Now, the wheels are spinning and we will begin to narrow down our topic and create a driving question.



It was noisy, messy and amazing. Just the way 1st grade learning should be. 

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your Genius. Looking forward to collaborating.
    Mrs.Olsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the creative learning going on in our classroom. Love that GS loves to be in school and mostly love how much progress she has made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading all the things you wonder about. I can hardly wait to hear all that you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting - I look forward to visiting your classroom the next time that I am at McDole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so exciting to see all of the fun things your class is learning about. I am glad you are all such motivated learners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so much fun! I'm excited to see what you all come up with :)

    ReplyDelete