In preparation for our introduction, we have traveled around our building and taken pictures of all of the wonderful things that make McDole Elementary a great place to be.
Here are some of the highlights that you might see:
7. Our Fun Run
8. Our Reading Lounge
9. Our Gym
10. Even our Principal!
To help you learn a bit more about us, we have come up with a few Top 5 lists. These Top 5 lists will tell you all about the things we are loving right now.
Top 5... In Room 222
1. We can listen to stories on the computer and in our listening center.
2. We have pillows, bean bags, chairs and carpets for cozy reading.
3. We do Rocket Math to help us learn addition and subtraction. It is fun.
4. We have our own blogs on KidBlog and we can comment on each other's blog.
5. Sometimes we have indoor recess when the weather is bad. We play giant checkers, marble tracks and puzzles.
Top 5... in McDole Elementary
1. We have iPads and we use them for learning.
2. We are studying solids and liquid in science.
3. Our playground is fun. We have monkey bars, swings, slides, basketball hoops and a field.
4. We go to 5 Specials. We have P.E., Music, Computers, Art and Literacy.
5. Twice a month, we get FUN LUNCH! We don't have to bring our lunches and we get yummy food like pizza!
Top 5... Learning Topics
1. We will be working more with iPads in our classroom.
2. We switch 1st grade teachers for Math
3. We wrote paper blogs and our 4th grade friends commented on them.
4. We work in the Dailies during our reading time.
5. We play a game called Stuck in the Mud during P.E.. We get exercise, have fun and learn good teamwork strategies. We are also learning to run, skip, gallop and slide.
We can't wait to share more about ourselves, our blogs and our Global Read Aloud.