Friday, August 8, 2014

Welcome


Welcome to the newest members of Room 222!

My name is Mrs. Bright and I can't wait to spend the new year with you. I have a feeling that this year will be absolutely amazing. 

We will get the opportunity to meet in person, on Monday, August 18th. However, I would love to tell you a bit about myself first. 



Personal Info:
My husband and I live in Sycamore, Illinois with our 3 dogs and 2 cats. Sometimes it feels like a zoo in our house but it is always a happy zoo. 

I love to travel. My husband and I love to spend time in the mountains and at the ocean. This year we went to the top of Pike's Peak in Colorado!


I like to fill my free time with reading, crafting, writing, swimming, bike riding, hiking and creating. 

Professional:
This will be my 11th year of teaching in Kaneland and I have loved every minute of it. I feel very fortunate to have a career that is absolutely my passion. I am a NIU graduate and will begin working on my National Board Certification this year. 

I enjoy seeking out professional development and have recently attended The iPad Academy, Edtech Teacher Summit, numerous professional playdates in Chicago and Downer's Grove and I have been a presenter at the Illinois Reading Council Conference in Springfield. 

I am very passionate about my job and I take great pride in being very good at what I do. Your students are very important to me. 

Room 222: 



Our room will be a room filled with laughter and creativity. 
We will wonder and question. 
We will create and play. 
We will connect and collaborate. 
We will think critically and be thoughtful. 
We will come home exhausted. 
We will have fun.  


One of my favorite books is Diffendoofer Day by Dr. Seuss. In this book, the principal received some news about a dreaded test. He worried and fretted. 
Was the teacher worried?
Goodness no!
Here is her response and the quote Room 222 is inspired by:



My Goal for the 2014-2015 School Year:

My goal is for Room 222 to become a collaborative community of innovative learners that strives to share our knowledge with others. 

In Room 222, we will all be teachers, learners, writers, readers, scientists, actors and respectful citizens. 

Please feel free to browse the blog and get a glimpse into Room 222.
Also, I would LOVE to hear from you via email at laura.bright@kaneland.org. Please tell me about your child and goals for the new year. 

Lastly, please consider reviewing our wish list throughout the year. 
 I can't wait to meet all of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment