Sunday, August 14, 2016

Welcome!

Greetings and Welcome to Room 200!

School is just around the corner and I am so excited to meet all of the newest members of Room 200. I am very curious to learn about you and I will bet that you are very curious to learn about me. 

Here are 10 interesting facts about me:

1. This will be my 13th year as a Kaneland teacher and my 3rd Kaneland building. I have taught 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. 



2. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I am always rereading one of the books. It is my happy, magical place. 

3. My husband and I are fur parents. We have 2 dogs (had 3 until recently) and 2 cats. They all greet me when I get home from school and that makes me so happy.



4. I am very passionate about making your 2nd grade experience super comfortable and stress free. I think about this all of the time. I try to make our room cozy and creative. I think you will love it!
You can get a glimpse of our room by following us on Instagram: @mrsbrightkbk


5. I LOVE plants!  I love gardening and spending time with my flowers and vegetables outside. I also love bringing nature indoors in my home and our classroom. We will have a very "green" classroom!


6. Last November, I became an aunt for the first time. You are going to hear A LOT about Baby Wayne!




7. I am entering the 3rd and final year of my National Board Certification process. I had to take a really big test and send in videos of myself teaching and my students learning. I am always working on being the best teacher that I can be. This process has helped me on my teaching journey.

8. I love fitness! It is really important for me to be in great shape so that I can have enough energy to be the best teacher for all of my Room 200 friends. I enjoy biking, running, climbing and hanging. However, my favorite is weightlifting. I am on my journey to become a national qualifier in my age and weight bracket. I like being strong and confident. I am on a team filled with other amazing women and we have a blast!



9. My friends are super important to me and they make a huge difference in my life. You will hear me talk about a few of them a lot. 


10. I love teaching because I love my students. I am SO excited to meet you and start our journey together. We will have fun, challenge our minds and stretch our hearts. This is going to be amazing!


As you can see, I think having many hobbies and interests is important and makes me a better teacher. I look forward to learning all about you!

Now I'm going to ask two things from you:

1. Please click here to tell me a bit about yourself and your family. 

2. Please email me a picture of your family so that I can hang it up in our room to make it even more comfortable. laura.bright@kaneland.org


I look forward to meeting you Monday night. Until then, feel free to browse the blog to get a feel for what our adventure might look like this year.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I will make sure to share this with Owen and respond to your 2 requests. Looking forward to a great year.

    ReplyDelete